A Fossil Free Future
From October 11 to 15, thousands of people will take action at the White House, participate in civil disobedience, and demand that President Biden choose a side: People vs. Fossil Fuels.
Indigenous people, pipeline fighters, water protectors, young people, scientists, faith leaders, and more are saying enough is enough: it’s time to finally place people over fossil fuels.
Quaker Earthcare Witness is supporting this week of action and encourages Friends to consider going to DC if they are led.
An Invitation from Indigenous Leaders
“We are asking you to stand with us. As representatives of communities who have carried the brunt of the harm from fossil fuels for generations, we ask you to join us in solidarity…If we all come together, put our bodies on the line in the name of climate justice, we may be able to change the course of history.”
Take Action from Home
See the list of demands here.
- Write President Biden and call the White House to make your opinion known.
- Organize an action at home if you can’t get to DC.
- Learn more about divestment and divest!
- Learn more about the Stop Line 3 actions and organizing
- Let us know what you organize and how we can help. Email email@example.com.