Passionate about environmental justice and faith-based social change? Are you a storyteller committed to inspiring action in your community? Quaker Earthcare Witness is hiring!
Communications & Outreach Coordinator
Quaker Earthcare Witness is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, lifting up ecological integrity and environmental justice within the Society of Friends, and collaborating with like-minded groups as a Quaker public voice for Earthcare.
The Communications & Outreach Coordinator will work 30 hours per week, ideally during traditional working hours and with some flexibility for evenings (depending on time zone) and occasional weekends.
This is a remote position. Applicants may work from anywhere in the United States. Our current staff are usually located in Pacific Time.
This job will have a three-month review period.
The salary for this position is $45,000 with a $300 monthly stipend for health insurance and generous paid time off. The Coordinator will receive a work laptop and at-home office supplies.
Please apply by April 15th. Position to begin as soon as possible.
QEW will also be hiring a new General Secretary in the early fall. If that position is of interest to you, please email email@example.com with your resume and we will notify you when we officially begin the hiring process.
- Coordinating communications and publications for organization, including creation and design of quarterly newsletter, website content, social media, and email news and announcements to network
- Organizing online programs, like monthly workshops and worship sharing
- Maintaining our database
- Supporting fundraising efforts with online campaigns and print appeals
- Effective and demonstrated written communication and graphic design skills
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records and files
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve, and troubleshoot for solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Commitment to anti-racism, social justice, and earthcare
- Familiarity with and commitment to Quaker Earthcare Witness’s work and/or similar environmental or faith-based organizations, and Quaker process and practice
- Background in writing, editing, and/or communications
- Graphic design experience and ease with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign)
- Knowledge of constituent record management databases (CiviCRM) and email marketing platforms
- Strong technical proficiency with Zoom and Google Suite
- Experience with and enthusiasm for social media communication and marketing
- WordPress experience a plus
- Experience and ability in remote office settings, including video conferencing
And please include your pronouns in your cover letter or resume.
Quaker Earthcare Witness is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes staff and volunteers from diverse backgrounds. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Detailed Job Description
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator will take responsibility for these areas:
Outreach and Education
- Coordinate publications and communications strategy (including website, social media strategy, and print resources) in collaboration with Publications Committee, Outreach Committee, and staff. This includes:
- Producing Befriending Creation quarterly, online and in print
- Updating print and online resources
- Coordinate regular email updates/news/announcements to QEW network, including the Monthly Engagement Calendar.
- Assist with online presentations (in collaboration with the General Secretary), encourage attendance, set up registration, provide Zoom Tech support and send a follow-up email.
- Facilitate outreach efforts and strategy to connect with meetings and individuals.
- Coordinate social media posting, monitoring, inquiries, and responses.
- Assist General Secretary with in-person meetings, events, and conferences, including setting up registration, preparing, printing and sharing materials, and monitoring event registration.
- Manage monthly online worship-sharing.
- Coordinate QEW Presents! scheduling speakers and setting up events.
- Attending Publications and Outreach Committee meetings.
- Assist the General Secretary with the creation of the annual appeal, other fund-raising activities, and potential grants. This includes coordinating the logistics of mail appeals and helping to create and distribute email appeals.
- Support online fundraising campaigns (writing and/or editing, layout/formatting, emailing, social media postings, crowdfunding).
- Produce annual report with text from the General Secretary.
Administration & Operations
- Maintain files of all QEW activities and an up-to-date database. This includes following up on electronic donations as needed, maintaining electronic thank you letters, running and formatting constituent reports, cleaning up membership records and keeping them updated.
- Handle general correspondence by email.
- Manage the organizations’ printing and mailing needs: fulfill orders for publications (pamphlets and outreach materials), donor appeals, quarterly newsletter, and other print correspondence.
- Send selected material to Yearly Meeting Representatives, member Monthly Meetings, Meeting contacts, and local groups.
- Contact members regarding their renewals.
- Track costs in relation to budget.
- Attend twice-yearly Steering Committee meeting in person and online.
- Attend quarterly Continuing Council Committee (CCC) meetings.
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator will work under the overall supervision of the General Secretary. Both will often work independently, though there are crucial areas where collaboration and close connection is required.
Thank you! And please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.